- This event has passed.
Become a Climate Advocate – Huntsville, AL Chapter
March 11 @ 10:15 am - 2:00 pm
You are invited to a free, CCL Climate Advocacy Training & Group Start led by Citizens’ Climate Education/Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCE/CCL), a nonpartisan volunteer group (www.citizensclimatelobby.org) focused on national policies to address climate change. The session will be led by Henry Slack, CCL’s AL State Coordinator. All are welcome to attend.
Climate solutions are a priority, now more than ever. Our goal is to make sure our Senators and Representatives are part of the solution! Join us to:
- Learn the basics of becoming an effective climate advocate
- Review the structure, mission, and purpose of CCL
- Learn how to build constructive relationships with elected representatives
- Review CCL’s methodology of creating political will
- Practice how to appeal to the best in others and build common ground
- Practice how to be part of a Congressional lobby team meeting with your members of Congress
- Understand CCL’s legislative policy agenda including carbon pricing, clean energy permitting reform, building electrification and efficiency, and healthy forests.
Conservatives, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), students, environmentalists, and “non-environmentalists”, are all especially encouraged to attend!
Saturday March 11th, 2023 | 9:30am to 1:00pm CT
Arrive at 9:15am for coffee, refreshments, and sign-in – event will start promptly at 9:30am!
Madison Library – Auditorium 1
142 Plaza Blvd
Madison, AL 35758
Also find our CCL Community Calendar Event.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization empowering people from all walks of life to become effective advocates for climate policy. www.citizensclimatelobby.org.
By registering for this event, you are giving Citizens’ Climate Lobby and Citizens’ Climate Education permission to send you emails including information about CCL/CCE and how you can volunteer and support our work. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.